Saturday, October 11, 2008

Caught Last Week With a Rod and Reel!!

Brian De Malignon of Helgren's Sportfishing Oceanside,
reeled in this 200 lb. Swordfish last week on the Sea Trek.


Diana, (a client of mine whom I hope will join soon) emailed me this picture of her son Brian after she read our article in the Star this morning. From Diana...
"This is my youngest son, he works out of Oceanside (I think I told you about him). Anyway he caught a 200lb Swordfish this last week. It really was very unusual, as it has been several years since a Swordfish has been caught with a rod and reel in this area (so close to shore). We are very proud since both me and my husband used to fish Swordfish commercially back in the 70's. Of course we never landed one with a rod and reel, but we used harpoons..."

1 comment:

Wacky Wahine said...

HOLY MOLY! When's the BBQ? :-)