Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hooping for Bugs





I finally went out with my boyfriend, Mike, and our friend Todd last night.... we had previously tried but the weather or schedules would not cooperate. This was my first experience hoop netting. I couldn't have asked for a better time , the water was like glass, it wasn't cold, and I was hanging out with two awesome guys. I thought it would be much like when I was younger, and my mom used to take us crabbing.... It was fun, a bit of hard work (pulling the nets), and very worth it in the end. Let me tell you guys, WHAT A RUSH! It really gets you going to pull these nets up and see your bounty. All we really needed was a California fishing license, and to purchase a lobster punch card. Well in the end, Mike and I ended up with a limit of lobsters (one that was around 8 lbs!) and 4 nice rock crabs. I think we should get on one of the hoop netting trips that the landings offer.... how fun would that be???? Let's get out there while they are still crawling!!!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

WAY COOL!!!

I WANT SOME BUGS!!

Webmaster said...

Sounds like a great time would be had by all!!

D.

(Posted for Dorothy by webmaster)