Saturday, October 25, 2008

Buggin' with the HOMIES!!!!!!

Went out for a little Friday night fun with some of my favorite peeps!!!!!!Me, Tim-aaaaay, Flipper (Mike)and Batray (Mary)met at the F.I.S.H to hack up some macks and ready the nets while having my celebratory "The week is finally over" brewskis....


Jimmy and T-bone were at the shop with the smoker fired up and a TON of yellowfin in the racks cookin' away...Man did it smell good...I arrived just in time for the sampling!!!!

Mike and Mary were ready as well so we put the petal to the metal to hit our destination before dark
......
Sunset was absolutely STUNNING!!!!!

And the Ocean was grease flat...What a way to start the night!!!
Dropped the nets and enjoyed some brews while we waited...
First pull and we thought we were in for a fantastic night....Almost every net held a bug.....

Mostly shorts, but 2 legals for the bucket!!!! I am thinking at this point that it is going to be an epic crawl.....NOT!!!

So we float around chattin' and drinkin' and I realize drinking beer in several layers of clothes and slickers is not the best idea... My eyeballs are floating and I am not about to go in so....TIMMY TURN YOUR HEAD!!!!!!! What a relief......I know, TMI, but that moment was one of my highlights of the evening!!!!

The rest of the sets were pretty big disappointments....a couple of legal doubles for me and Tim.... and thank goodness for that because the bugs quit crawling soon after....

So we are sitting there "tending our gear" and from out of nowhere a bird flies up and lands in our boat...

I am not sure what kind of bird it was. To me it looked like a Sandpiper, but Mike said no...Anyway this thing was not afraid of people as you can see in the pics below....

Trip out!!!!!!!!! This was the first time I was in such close proximity to a wild bird. We were starting to get pretty cold and we had 8 legals on board so after a couple of dry pulls we decide to pull the set and head in.....Our new friend stayed on board during the whole fiasco....and road with us all the way back to the dock where he kicked back on my shoulder while I waited for Tim to back the truck down......

Fishing was very slow considering the time we invested on the water, but we agreed that even if the lobster didn't want to show us love...The bird made up for it...What an incredible experience!!! I took home four.

Thank you T-bone(Todd) for use of your vessel and To Jimmy for the fantastic smoked yellowfin I ate for dinner....And for the record...Promar nets are way too heavy now that I have fished the Danielsons....No freakin' contest...Danielsons are the way to go!!!
__________________

1 comment:

Karen said...

WTF??!!!!

What is up with the birds?

Great posting.

Thanks!