Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fishing with Charter Diva Miryam




This was a great fishing trip with a lot of new faces and a lot of folks ready to go fish with us again and again. There were only 2 WSB caught, but Joe and the crew of the Mirage made sure we filled our bags anyway. The weather was overcast but not foggy, no wind and calm seas. We fished off of Santa Rosa and San Miguel. The White Fish were plentiful and of very good size. ( averaged from 2 -4 lbs)


I was reeling up on a heavy bite and Joe was leaning on the rail next to me, peering over the edge and asked me what I thought it was and I told him, I thought it was a good sized whitefish but I would love for it to be a LingCod and to both our surprise - it was a good whitefish and a legal lingcod bonus 2fer. In the end there were at least 4 legal lings caught some great reds lots and lots of great white fish.


And I am very sore now, but very satisfied.


Thanks for a great day M!!!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the account. Sounds wonderful! It was hot here and I was thinking how nice it must be out on the water.

That fish in the front of the bag is so cute!

Wacky Wahine said...

Yes - that little fishy still has a big 'uh-oh' expression on his face! Fresh! Great job ladies!
Sounds like you had fun ;-)
Betsy ~ ~ <*))))>< ~ ~

Anonymous said...

Here here!!!!

It was a wonderful trip indeed!!!
What a great way to send me off to Oregon!

Thank you so much Divine Miss M!
;-)

I will miss you delightful ladies!
Though I'll be up north, fishing/crabbing the North Pacific with my lil Bro and friends, I will still be here in spirit, and still proudly a part of the GCLA!!!!
I will try to make at least one trip a year!

Thank you so much for such a marvelous experience!


Take care everyone!
It's been a pleasure.......



Peace, Love, & Light



~Kandace
(Kristin's Daughter)


P.S.
Thank you again Miryam for the copy of the Westlake Mag, what a terrific article!!!!

Karen said...

I'll miss you, Kandace. Have a blast and stay intouch, please.