Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Alaska, Day Minus 2

I missed the "packing party" designed to answer the questions newbies like me are likely to have. I've been fishing, so, really, I should be able anticipate what will be needed in Alaska, right? And then I get this email from fisherwoman extraordinaire, the Divine Miss M:

The first day fishing in Alaska I was frozen, wet, hypothermic, and was constantly barfing like a rabid animal, because I used the boat's stuff, which is made for big guys. That night, I immediately got my OWN stuff, and Murray's became my holy stomping ground... Millions of different sizes, weights of clothing, just everyfhing. You'll see. Jacqui and I usually go to Sitka for this shopping the first and last day. Great tradition. Since that first Alaska night, I've had nothing but awesome FUN. See you SOOO soon for all these great adventures.

WHAT STUFF?? WHAT IF WE GET INTO SITKA TOO LATE TO HIT MURRAY'S BEFORE FISHING THE NEXT DAY?

Anything you can tell me now would be much appreciated. I'd rather not be a "frozen, wet, hypothermic, barfing rabid animal," if I can help it.

No comments: