Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pacific Dawn Charter

What can I say - just another fun,fabulous,fantastic charter on the Pacific Dawn !! Those bunks are so comfortable, I slept in once again. When I finally rolled out of bed, mostly everyone had their lines in the water already. We had hoped to begin the hunt for white seabass, but Captain Pat said the conditions we not quite right, so we start rockfishing. Our deckhands were hard at work as you can tell making sure everyone was rigged up right
.

I had a lesson this week on rockfishing from my friend Tao, who said to always fish on the bow on the wrong side of the boat. I have to say, his theory worked, I got some nice reds, salmon grouper, and even this bosco on my new GCLA jig. Check it out.

Ana had her "production" hat on all day and kept busy interviewing and taping everyone on board including the crew.

She is going to make us stars !!

It was also good to have Meli back on board and she was enjoying a little "travel" time with the deckhands.


But we have to congratulate Mary for back to back jackpots on the Pac Dawn. I thought I had a chance with my big salmon grouper, but Mary managed to pull this monster out of the water and hold on to her "crown" for another month.


Congratulations Mary !!

The sun was out all day, a little windy at times, but overall, the conditions were fairly decent for a change. We all managed to come home with some nice sacks of rockfish.

Whitney, once again dazzled us with her cooking - breakfast croissants and fish enchiladas for lunch - YUMMY !! She totally ROCKS !!


Many GCLA thanks to Captain Pat and the entire Pac Dawn crew for another great charter on this fabulous boat !!

No comments: