Thursday, September 4, 2008

SITKA, AK 2008






Hi All,


Back from fishing in Sitka, a magical place that I can never tire of.
I think I put on a couple of lbs. from all the wonderful appetizers and
delicious food that Kingfisher Lodge prepared for us. As usual,
Kathy Walker did a great job organizing the trip, accomodating our many requests and making the "newbies" feel comfortable from day one.

For me, the trip was extra special. On our second day of fishing I happened to mention to our boat captain Brian that it would be so exciting to land a "triple digit halibut" this year. Little did I know 7 hours later later I would land a gigantic monster of a fish. Would you believe 7 feet 7 inches and weighing approximately 265 lbs? About an hour after my catch, Miryam caught a 235 lb. halibut.

Just incredible!

2 comments:

Barbara McIntyre said...

Jaqui,

Nice But - I mean Halibut.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us - I wnat to go next time.

T. Brook Smith said...

Brown bears, orcas and fish bigger than a power forward.

Utterly amazing trip!!!