Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday Bass


Hi Y'all,


After a long weekend of selling Art from my studio(SB Studio Artists Tours) and answering many, many questions. I decided to treat myself for my Birthday to a trip on the Mirage - as I have told Jeanne, it is escapism at it's best!.
Never a bad choice!
Tucker was our trusty Captain with Louie as his second. Ryan & Miguel & the Pineapple were great as usual. Once agian, I was the only female on board with 22 of my new best guy friends.

Things started out with jigging for squid at about 4 am and there were a lot. We started fishing about 5:30 and there was a hook up within 20 min. There were only 8 sea bass caught and a number of bonito (one very large)- , 1 great halibut (by california standards), 1 bat ray- the morning was kinda slow, I kept expecting them to just start hitting, but in the end, I was one of the lucky ones and mine was about 20 lbs, not the smallest, not the biggest - and I have the stones too.

Then we went and limited out on reds and went looking for Whitefish.


Toward the end of the day,I was actually complimented on my skill and one fella told me it was quite impressive.

Another fellow said" Look at this Lady Angler Go! when I pulled my rode through a tangled line to unhook us and continued to reel up a nice whitefish.


All this was on the front side of Santa Rosa up at the far end toward Miguel.


I forgot my camera, so the photo I have is courtesy of Chef Pineapple and the Crew.

Thanks Guys for a great Birthday Trip!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Wacky Wahine said...

Yes Barb -- I would definitely say "You've got stones!"
Happy Birthday! ~ Betsy

Karen said...

Nice fish! Thanks for the great report.

Anonymous said...

Right On Barbara, you both are awesome. What a great birthday present !!!

Mary said...

What a great Birthday trip!!!!!