Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fishing with Dan Hernandez

What is this?

Well I had a reservation to go fishing on 8/30-31 with the Dan Hernandez show, a limited load on the Mirage.
My Dad passed away very early Sunday 8/29 morning and I had to attend to a lot of details on Monday and I knew I could have cancelled the trip, no problem. I have 2 brothers and a sister and I felt this would be better for me to keep my reservation, even if all I did was sleep in the bunk. There was nothing for me to do on Tuesday and I just didn't want any more phone calls asking me "How are you?"
So I went. One guy flipped out and got off the boat about 9:30, he thought it had been overbooked. Made me feel very sane.

We fished Santa Rosa at grey light with no biters, not even a bat ray . then we move up the line toward Miguel and it got a little windy but we caught some nice fish. we caught lings, sheephead, whitefish, vermilion rock fish and I was fishing next to Dan the man and he consistently brought up Tree Fish- nice sized ones, he seemed to be targeting the Tree fish with his buck tail jig.
I ended up winning the jack pot with a 11lb 11 oz Sheephead- I graciously thanked all the guys on board who had contributed. Once again proving that Lady Anglers have more than good luck.

I told Dan "GCLA stands for Girls Can Land Anything" - with a glint in his eye he said he wasn't going to touch that.
I went on to the graveside service on Wed feeling physically tired and sore but in a good place mentally.


1 comment:

renee said...

so glad you had a great time and the mental vacation was well worth it!