Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July to remember...

So....we decided to go to Ventura College for the fireworks show since they had some cool activities for the kids. There were tons of people there and we hung out near the live band dancing around with the kids. Once the girls pooped out we headed for our seats and Fred says he'll be right back....I figured he was hitting the heads....NOT!


All of the sudden I hear Fred's voice over the microphone from the stage...


"Erika, can you hear me baby???? I just want to tell you how much I love you and ask you to be my wife...Will you marry me?!"


I about died...Burst into tears and my daughters started jumping up and down screaming, "Mommy, daddy loves you!" (They have been calling Fred daddy for over a year now...adorable)


So there you have it, in front of 7000 people I got the honor of saying YES to the man I've been waiting for my whole life. My best friend and I are tying the knot!


Date??? who knows....we'll decide that once the fireworks subside!


What a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Renee' said...

All I can say is "AWESOME!" It's not very often that you find "the one". Congratulations to you and Fred and the whole family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and than you for sharing that wonderful proposal. It brought a tear to my eye.

Here's to a lifetime of happiness and fish filled coffers.

Karen said...

How wonderful. Congratulations!

Sophia said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations to you and Fred!!! I totally teared up reading it!!!

Lisa G Intimates said...

Hi Erika! Congratulations on your proposal! :-)

I was missing you..and lost your number - so did a google on ya.
Soon as I read the article on - new tats - I knew it was you..lol.

Glad to see - you are enjoying what you do best - Fishing!!!! AND - how timely - to hear you - & your kids are doing great - and your engagement!!! Woot Woot!!
What a wonderful memory for you!!!

I'm so happy to hear - you have found your soul mate!!!!!

Miss ya girly! Hope to hear from you. My number - is the same - and same house..too! Don't be a stranger.

Lisa G.