Thursday, May 27, 2010

Have They Stocked This Lake, Lately?







Hi Ladies,

I have been wanting to get out and go fishing. I know the WSB are showing up at the islands and a few have been caught . I keep thinking as soon as this late spring weather lets up we will get some warmer wather and things will go off. I saw a posting on the sportfishingreports.com for a limited load on the Aloha Spirit for Wednesday may 26 and the weather looked good. I knew this was going to be a surface fishing exploratory so not a bag filler rock fish trip. Jake and I jumped on 100.00 each for 12 max on the Aloha Spirit. We ended up with 10 very nice people many expeiernced anglers - very comfortable with the light load.

I can't go with you ladies this weekend as I have two exhibitions to take down on Fri & Sat and one to install on Sunday.

Anyway it was a very different day - started out foggy & cloudy then the fog burned off and the sun came out but not on the coast. The ocean was flat calm - silky surface. Also there was no current - so no bite.


We actually saw WSB and baracuda swiming in the kelp - but there were no biters.
Did I mention the 100's of dolphins we saw an the way back mid channel - they were every where and i noticed many young ones about 3-4 ft long junping fully out of the water.





Out of the fish caught and kept (only 3) 2 were caught by a first time lady angler - Erin from Hollywood. Go Lady Anglers!!!
Yours truly won the JP with a nice Calico bass. Sea y'all next time!




No comments: