Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kicked some Black Seabass...

Went fishing on the Aloha Spirit this weekend in attempt to get some more White Seabass but the skiff traffic was awful and the massive amounts of bait in the water made our bait insignificant. We did anchor up on the edge of a kelp line on what looked like 50+lb fish and the first hook-up was busted off after a 10-minute tug-o-war. Second fish lost in the kelp, then it was my turn!!!!!



This fish was a monster and had no intention of coming to visit me at the boat....



45 minutes later I was victorious and quivering while I watched my fish come to the surface.
A Black Seabass estimated by the crew to be 125lbs was caught and the crew got on it instantly for a speedy release. I was able to give it a big kiss before we let it go...The Top-Shot Tribute and something to remember me by! What a rush!!!!! This was my largest landed fish and it was on 25lb Izorline XXX with a 2/0 Owner circle hook.

2 comments:

jeanne said...

HOLY CRAP !!!! You go girl...What a magnificent fish AND angler !!

Barbara McIntyre said...

Wow 125 lbs Amazing!!!!!!
TopShot is the HotShot!!