Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"THE" place to be yesterday !!


"THE" place to be yesterday was on the Mirage with, yes, the Gold Coast Lady Anglers. After suffering through days of blistering heat, a day on the ocean catching some awesome fish and hanging with a bunch of great friends and fellow anglers made for the perfect Labor Day holiday. What made the day even better was our newbies who joined us, Betsy, Gita, and Katie. Gita's jackpot white seabass entitled her to wear the coveted "PINK FISH HAT" and she wore it with pride. CONGRATULATIONS GITA !!! The Gold Coast Lady Anglers just keeps getting better and better.

2 comments:

Webmaster said...

There are more photos up in our photo gallery!

Wacky Wahine said...

GOOD FISHING : BAD HAIR

BACKSIDE OF SANTA ROSA ISLAND 09.03.07 -- I’m not sure what the correlation is between ‘bad hair’ and ‘good fishing’ but by the end of the day Monday I had a rip-roaring case of both. Not that I’d really call what I was doing ‘fishing’ – I think I was just fortunate enough to be holding a rod that the deckhand stuck in my hands; and with a combination of assorted pointers and primal response, was successful in hauling up a bunch of fish.

We'd left Sunday night and the long, hot day, bottle of wine and sweaty bunk contributed to the hair issue. But who cares?! The fishing was so much fun! The boat was comfy, crew PATIENT and helpful, setting unbelievable, and GCLA gals fantastic -- even if I did look like Einstein! ;-)